Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 9 Hansard (19 August) . . Page.. 3984..
(1) How much was spent by the Government on the Academy of Sport between 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2004;
(2) What other monies did the Academy of Sport receive from other sources; please provide details of those sources;
(3) How many athletes are serviced by the programs at the Academy of Sport;
(4) Can the Minister list details of any programs (a) cut during the period 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2004 and (b) it is intended will be cut from 1 July 2004.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Academy of Sport spent $1,737,699 between 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2004. This figure is exclusive of any corporate costs (eg. leasing of IT equipment).
(2) The ACT Academy of Sport received $158,973 between 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2004. The main sources of this revenue was as follows:
Australian Sports Commission
Australian Paralympic Committee
Miscellaneous revenue for massage services from athletes
Miscellaneous revenue for ACTAS Annual Dinner
Miscellaneous revenue for commercial activities
(3) The ACT Academy of Sport serviced 256 athletes in 2003/04:
(4) No programs were cut from the ACT Academy of Sport between 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2004. As part of a Nationally coordinated approach all State Institute of Sport/State Academy of Sport (SIS/SAS) programs, including the ACT Academy of Sport are seeking applications from state sporting organisations to conduct elite sport programs from 1 January 2005. The application process should be finalised by the 1 September 2004.
Until the assessment of all applications is completed, it will be unknown if any programs will be cut from the ACT Academy of Sport.
(Question No 1689)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 1 July 2004:
(1) What was the total cost of consultancies for your portfolio in the 2003-04;
(2) For each consultant used what was the (a) name of the consultant, (b) address of the consultant, (c) cost of the consultancy, (d) service provided by the consultant/s and (e) reason for the consultancy;