Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 8 Hansard (5 August) . . Page.. 3668..
(2) As at 30 June 2004, 95 tenants had re-located to other Commissioner for Housing properties, and 11 had moved elsewhere of their own choosing. Tenants have expressed a high level of satisfaction with their new homes.
(3) 78, as at 30 June 2004.
(4) On or by 1 December 2004.
(5) 1 December 2004.
(6) 23, as at 30 June 2004.
(7) On or by 1 December 2004.
(9) The objective is to maximise the value of this site and this depends upon working with ACTPLA to resolve leasing and Territory Plan issues.
(Question No 1711)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 1 July 2004:
(1) What was the total figure for the amount of people on the public housing waiting list at the end of the 2003-04 financial year;
(2) What is the percentage increase or decrease for the result in relation to part (1) on the 2002-03;
(3) What was the total figure for the amount of people in public housing in arrears at the end of the 2003-04 financial year;
(4) What is the total monetary figure of arrears at the end of the 2003-04 financial year;
(5) How many tenants were evicted from public housing in 2003-04 and for what reasons;
(6) By what percentage has the Government increased or reduced public housing stock in the A.C.T. in 2003-04 compared to the result for 2002-03.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) For the end of 2003-04 financial year there were 3745 applications comprising 7822 persons on the public housing waiting list. Of this figure 1163 applications comprising 2604 people are current public housing tenants awaiting transfer to alternate accommodation.
(2) The overall percentage increase of people on the waiting list from 7408 for 2002-03 to 7822 for 2003-04 is 5.59%.
(3) The number of accounts in rental arrears for 2003-04 is 1741.