Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 8 Hansard (5 August) . . Page.. 3629..
In relation to (a), (b) and (c), "completion"relates to identified works, clearly further deficiencies can emerge over time.
(2) Work in the City and Dickson will be completed in the 2004/05 financial year.
(Question No 1646)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 1 July 2004:
(1) Further to Question on notice No 1232, have there been continued assaults on mobile van speed camera operators in 2004;
(2) If so, (a) how many such assaults occurred and (b) how many convictions have been recorded from 1 January 2004 to 30 June 2004;
(3) Are security guards still being employed to protect mobile van speed camera operators; if so, (a) how many, (b) when and (c) at what cost.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There have been no actual assaults on mobile van speed camera operators but there has been inappropriate behaviour against mobile speed camera operators and or/equipment, such as vehicles swerving towards vans.
(3) Since March 2004 the evening mobile camera service (1600 to 2330) has been contracted to Chubb Security. Chubb has established its own arrangements for the security and protection of its employees and Territory assets. These arrangements include support from roving security patrols.
(Question No 1649)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 1 July 2004:
(1) What is the number of prosecutions taken out against licensed premises for breaches of the Liquor Act for the period 1 July 2003 to 30 June 2004;
(2) Can the Minister list details of any charges (a) laid and (b) proven and the penalty imposed.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Liquor licensing Board dealt with a total of 15 liquor licensees (one premise on two occasions) for offences under the Liquor Act 1975 in the 2003/2004 financial year.
(2) Below is a list of the licensed premises dealt with by the board, the matter or matters that were referred and the board's penalty.