Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 7 Hansard (1 July) . . Page.. 3270..
(2) If so, how much funding has been allocated for advertising;
(3) If not, (a) which budget does this advertising come out of and (b) how much funding has been allocated;
(4) What is the approval/sign off process of this advertising and who in A.C.T. Government and A.C.T. Policing approved this advertising before it was put to air.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) $213,000 which included all media community awareness campaigns. It should be noted that this does not include other forms of advertising such as for recruitment which is managed at the Commonwealth level.
(3) See 1.
(4) The ACT Policing Executive approved the advertising campaign. In my capacity as the Minister for Police and Emergency Services I was provided with a video copy of the finished television commercial for information.
(Question No 1576)
Mr Pratt asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 22 June 2004:
(1) Does the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1994 stipulate that Government agencies must report all allegations of corruption, abuse of power and improper behaviour, with reports then to be tabled in the A.C.T. Legislative Assembly; if so, how many allegations of (a) corruption, (b) abuse of power and (c) improper behaviour, have been reported under this Act in (i) 2001-2002, (ii) 2002-2003 and (iii) 2003-2004;
(2) How many of these reports have been tabled in the A.C.T. Legislative Assembly in (a) 2001-2002, (b) 2002-2003 and (c) 2003-2004;
(3) What action has been taken to investigate these allegations and what outcomes have been achieved.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Public Interest Disclosure Act 1994 does not stipulate that Government agencies must report all allegations of corruption, abuse of power and improper behaviour, with reports then to be tabled in the A.C.T. Legislative Assembly. Rather section 11 of the Act requires that a Government agency that is required under an Act to prepare an annual report for tabling in the Assembly shall include in its report the following information relating to disclosures made under the Act:
"(a) a description of the procedures maintained by it under section 10 during the year; and
(b) statistics relating to the year in accordance with subsection (2); and