Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 7 Hansard (1 July) . . Page.. 3267..
(2) Transborder Express provides a regular route bus service to and from Hall with drop offs at the Belconnen, City and Woden Interchanges. There are two morning services from Hall and four afternoon services that divert through Hall upon request.
(3) No. The services provided by Transborder are poorly patronised with an average of less than two passengers per day. At present, there is not enough patronage demand for ACTION to review its network to include this area.
(4) Pensioner concession fares from Hall to Canberra are consistent with the fares determined by the ACT Government for ACTION services. Additionally, the ACT Government has contracted Transborder Express to provide school bus services for students residing in Hall. The fares for these services are also consistent with the fares determined for students living in the ACT.
(Question No 1571)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 22 June 2004:
(1) How many public toilets exist in suburban shopping centres;
(2) Are they available for public use; if so, (a) during what hours and (b) on how many days per week;
(3) Are these facilities locked at night; if so, who is responsible for securing these blocks each night;
(4) What is the estimated cost of maintaining these facilities per annum;
(5) Has consideration been given to removing these facilities; if so, what criteria are applied for removal.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There are 22 toilet blocks and Exeloos within our suburban shopping centres. This includes a toilet block within Colbee Court, Phillip. It does not include any public toilets inside a shopping centre, such as Cooleman Court.
(2) Yes. The toilets are opened as early as 6.00am and no later than 7.00am and are locked at 9.00pm or no later than 10.00pm every day of the week (including public holidays). During daylight saving hours the toilets are locked at 10.00pm or no later than 11.00pm.
(3) Yes. Canberra Urban Parks and Places
(5) No. However provision of toilets has altered in new larger commercial developments or when commercial areas containing a public toilet are redeveloped. It becomes a development condition that public-access toilets be provided and maintained by the body corporate managers of the centre.