Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 6 Hansard (24 June) . . Page.. 2791..
(8) No funds have been re-directed.
Canberra Institute of Technology
(Question No 1505)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 4 May 2004:
(1) In relation to Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) accommodation and further to the response to Question on notice No 1322 in which you stated that the first of two new student housing buildings at the Bruce Campus would be open for occupancy during the Easter break, can you confirm whether these rooms were available for occupancy during that time;
(2) If so, when did the first students move in and how many rooms are currently occupied; if not, when did/will the rooms be available for occupancy and what number are currently occupied, if any;
(3) Has the second building been completed; if not, what is the completion date.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mrs Burke's question is:
(1) The first building was available for occupancy during the CIT Easter break.
(2) The first students moved in to the completed building on 23 April 2004. Currently, twelve students are accommodated. One student will be moving in at the beginning of June and a further three have applications in for Semester 2, 2004.
(3) The second accommodation building has not yet been completed. The expected completion date for the second building is 21 May 2004.
(Question No 1507)
Mr Cornwell asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 4 May 2004:
(1) Further to your reply of 13 April to my Question on notice 1424 in relation to a national transport reciprocity scheme for seniors, what was the result of the discussion on this matter at the Positive Ageing Taskforce meeting on 28 April 2004 in Melbourne where the topic was listed on the agenda;
(2) Have any other States or Territories accepted the Commonwealth's offer; if so, which State or Territories;
(3) Has the A.C.T. now accepted the offer; if not, why not.
Mr Stanhope: The answers to the member's questions are as follows:
(1) I am advised that at the National Positive Ageing Taskforce meeting held on 28 April 2004 in Melbourne, Commonwealth, State and Territory officials agreed to establish a