Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 6 Hansard (24 June) . . Page.. 2770..
(2) National Average State and Territory Government Funding Per Capita for Mental Health Services ($/Person)
* Note that these reports are not yet available. The National Mental Health Report 2002 provides data up to 2000 only. Similarly, the Report on Government Services 2004, reports up to 2002, but maintains this is a preliminary figure, awaiting the release of the National Mental Health Report.
(Question No 1461)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 1 April 2004:
(1) What changes have occurred to the components making up the (a) total cost and (b) cost per 1000 head of population, of funding for mental health services presented in each of the current and past four A.C.T. budgets;
(2) What are the details, both by way of explanation and in terms of financial cost, of the following changes that appear to have occurred in the 2003-04 Budget:
(a) the effect of incorporating the cost of mental health services provisions at the Canberra Hospital into the Department's accounts as outlined in the 2003-04 Budget Paper No 4, page 149, note (4);
(b) changes to the distribution of corporate overheads as outlined in the 2003-04 Budget Paper No 4, page 149, note (4);
(c) the inclusion under Output 1.2: Mental Health Services of any costs reported in previous budgets under output classes for policy, planning and purchasing as outlined in 2003-04 Budget paper No. 4, page 149;
(d) any other redistribution of policy or departmental costs to the Mental Health Services output subclass.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) (a) The changes to total cost in the current and each of the past four year's budgets include funding for new initiatives announced annually by government, indexation on operating costs, salary increases, changes to Mental Health Strategy funds and