Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 5 Hansard (25 May) . . Page.. 2242..
National Evaluation of Pharmacotherapies for Opiate Dependence (NEPOD)
ACT Health has been preparing for workshops with frontline workers users, families and carers in May 2004 to assist in the dissemination of findings of the National Evaluation of Pharmacotherapies for Opiate Dependence (NEPOD). The aim of the NEPOD dissemination and implementation strategy is to ensure that accurate information about the nature, costs and effectiveness of the evaluated pharmacotherapies is made available.
Printing of Client and Carer Information Booklets has been arranged. Distribution of the booklets is expected to occur in May and June 2004.
2) $20 000 allocated to the Methadone and Buprenorphine Program has been expended to 31 March 2004.
$5,000 allocated to the NEPOD has been expended to 31 March 2004.
$50,000 is expected to be provided to the Canberra Alliance for Harm Minimisation and Advocacy (CAHMA) in May 2004 to increase and improve support for peer-based models of service delivery, support, advocacy and community development.
$33,000 is expected to be made available to member agencies of the Coalition of Alcohol and other Drug Agencies in the ACT (CADAACT) in May 2004 to support staff development for non-government agencies throughout 2004.
3) a) Recommendations that have been implemented are outlined in (1) above;
b) The Government will provide a formal response to the draft ACT Alcohol and other Drug Strategy in the first half of 2004, outlining the recommendations that the Government will implement.
(Question No 1463)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 1 April 2004:
(1) Further to a press release dated 29 March 2004, in which the Minister claimed that the Government had provided $300 000 for mental health nursing scholarships, when was this mental health nursing scholarship initiative decided upon;
(2) When were the scholarships announced;
(3) What advertising of the scholarships has been undertaken to date;
(4) Which educational institution and study programs are covered by the scholarships;
(5) What progress has been achieved in awarding the scholarships and what stage of study has been achieved by any recipients;
(6) When was the funding provided to this program;
(7) Under what budget initiative or appropriation authority was this initiative funded;