Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 5 Hansard (25 May) . . Page.. 2195..
(Question No 1416)
Mr Berry asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 30 March 2004:
In relation to contracts for the financial years 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 to date, for each agency the Minister is responsible for, could the Minister provide the following information:
(1) number of contracts;
(2) number of consultants;
(3) number of contractors;
(4) number of labour hire firms;
(5) number of contracts containing labour hire component;
(6) number of contracts with no labour hire component;
(7) types of services provided;
(8) number of contracts needing extension after 2003;
(9) numbers of each type of contract used, in the following categories (a) standard (b) schedule of fees, (c) quote/lump sum, (d) invoice and (e) other;
(10) number of services outsourced in the following categories (i) whole, (ii) in part or (iii) unidentified;
(11) number of contracts directing appropriate award usage;
(12) number of contracts where there is subcontracting occurring;
(13) number of contracts with (a) permission or (b) non-permission clause for subcontracting;
(14) number of contracts requiring award usage for subcontractors.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
I have been advised by my Department that the information sought is not in an easily retrievable form, and that to collect and assemble the information sought solely for the purpose of answering the question would require a considerable diversion of resources. In this instance, I do not believe that it would be appropriate to divert resources from other priority activities for the purposes of answering the Member's question. However, I would be pleased to provide the Member with a verbal briefing on request covering information relevant to this subject.