Legislative Assembly for the ACT: Week 5 Hansard (25 May) . . Page.. 2194..
(Question No 1415)
Mr Berry asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 30 March 2004:
In relation to contracts for the financial years 2002-2003 and 2003-2004
(1) number of contracts;
(2) number of consultants;
(3) number of contractors;
(4) number of labour hire firms;
(5) number of contracts containing labour hire component;
(6) number of contracts with no labour hire component;
(7) types of services provided;
(8) number of contracts needing extension after 2003;
(9) numbers of each type of contract used, in the following categories (a) standard (b) schedule of fees, (c) quote/lump sum, (d) invoice and (e) other;
(10) number of services outsourced in the following categories (i) whole, (ii) in part or (iii) unidentified;
(11) number of contracts directing appropriate aware usage;
(12) number of contracts where there is subcontracting occurring;
(13) number of contracts with (a) permission or (b) non-permission clause for subcontracting;
(14) number of contracts requiring award usage for subcontractors.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1-14) After careful consideration of the question, and advice provided by my Department, I have determined that the information sought is not in an easily retrievable form, and that to collect and assemble the information sought solely for the purpose of answering the question would be a major task, requiring a considerable diversion of resources. In this instance, I do not believe that it would be appropriate to divert resources from the provision of direct services to clients, for the purposes of answering the Member's question. However, I would be pleased to provide you with a verbal briefing covering information relevant to this subject, should you request it.