Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 4 Hansard (1 April) . . Page.. 1679..
The department's professional development theme for 2002 and 2003 of Inclusivity.
The discussion paper for schools, The Inclusivity Challenge (2002).
Registered training organisations
(Question No 1385)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 10 March 2004:
(1) Are all private ACT Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) complying with the Australian Quality Training Framework;
(2) What action does the ACT Accreditation and Registration Council (ARC) take against any RTOs that are not compliant;
(3) How many RTOs who are operating in Canberra are national companies and who are they;
(4) Are there currently any RTOs, or their sub-contractors, advertising in the (a) print media, (b) television (c) radio, (d) Yellow Pages or (e) in any other way who are contravening (i) Standard 11, Use of National and State or Territory logos and (ii) Standard 12, Ethical Marketing and Advertising;
(5) To what level is the ARC currently funded and resourced;
(6) Does this level of funding adequately ensure that full and complying audits are conducted;
(7) Does the ARC conduct spot check audits on RTOs; if so, what is the frequency; if not, why not;
(8) How many internal audits have been carried out by ARC during (a) 2002, (b) 2003 and (c) 2004.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mrs Burke's question is:
(1) All ACT registered training organisations (RTOs), private and public, must comply with the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) to remain registered. RTOs provide an annual self-assessment and declaration of their continued compliance with the AQTF, which the Accreditation and Registration Council (ARC) subsequently validates at audit.
(2) Non-compliant ACT RTOs are audited and directed to correct any areas of non-compliances within 28 days. Failure by an RTO to act can result in the commencement of de-registration proceedings.
(3) RTOs with more than one state of operation are registered on the National Training Information Service website.