Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 4 Hansard (1 April) . . Page.. 1623..
During September/October the increased fuel reduction program was advertised in the Canberra Times and the Community Update newsletter with the link onto the Urban Services web site showing the program. In addition I met with the media in October to show them the works program and some areas where the works were being carried out.
(5) N/A, notification has occurred.
(6) The standard process is for an officer of the land management agency to make a field assessment of the area in question and then notify that person of their findings and proposed action.
(7) Public requesting more information after receiving the letterbox notification has numbered above 200 people through the various Land Management Agencies.
Up to 30 requests came through as a result of the advertising in the Canberra Times and Community Update. This included requests for assessment or areas for fire hazard or enquiries about when the program will reach their urban interface.
Other enquiries about matters described as fire hazards have related to maintenance issues such as long grass, trees (dead and alive) or shrubs. These issues have been addressed under normal maintenance practices.
(8) We believe that all people who have made inquiries have been contacted and where appropriate, action was undertaken.
National Zoo and Aquarium
(Question No 1275)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the National Zoo and Aquarium:
(1) Did you state almost 12 months ago in your response to Question on notice No 396 that an application is being considered by Government and a decision will be made shortly; if so, why has there still been no decision on whether the National Zoo and Aquarium can utilise more land to expand its operation;
(2) When will a decision be made on whether the National Zoo and Aquarium can utilize more land to expand its operations
(3) Did the National Capital Authority (NCA) request information and documentation from the A.C.T. Government before it would proceed in preparing and releasing a Draft Amendment to the National Capital Plan to allow the zoo to lease the required land; if so, has the information listed in response to Question on notice No 396 been given to the NCA;
If so to (3), when was it given to the NCA; if not, why not and when will it be provided.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows: