Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 3 Hansard (11 March) . . Page.. 1233..
Funds have been allocated from the EAF.
Funds provided through the EAF were allocated from the Commonwealth State Housing Agreement (CSHA)
Funds made available through the EAF have been used to provide flexible responses to homelessness, including the purchase of crisis accommodation, rental assistance to maintain tenancies and the provision of discretionary funds to respond to client needs.
(Question No 1346)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice:
(1) Further to your reply to Question on notice No 1177 in which you stated that the Steering Committee under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Trilateral Housing Agreement will now use this information to identify short and long term priorities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander housing in the A.C.T., has the Government received any advice from this Steering Committee regarding priorities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander housing in the A.C.T.;
(2) If so, what advice has been received; if not, will the Government seek such advice from that Committee.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) No, the Government has not received advice from this Steering Committee regarding priorities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander housing in the ACT, to date.
(2) The Steering Committee has committed to provide such advice to Government in the form of a finalised Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing Plan by May 2004.
The Steering Committee met on 15 December 2003 specifically to commence drafting the Plan. Information received through the Mandatory Housing Forums in November 2003 was considered in detail at this planning meeting and I am aware that further drafting has been considered by the Committee at subsequent meetings.
(Question No 1347)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to:
(1) What advice did the Minister receive from the consultancy undertaken by The Playground People regarding the Playground Safety Program;