Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 2 Hansard (4 March) . . Page.. 859..
(Question No 1276)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
(1) How much revenue will be raised during 2003-04 with the introduction of pay parking in Belconnen and Tuggeranong;
(2) How much revenue is it anticipated will be raised during (a) 2004-05, (b) 2005-06 and (c) 2006-07;
(3) What is the itemised cost to date for each town centre to introduce pay parking;
(4) How much additional expenditure, including for the employment of additional parking officers, will be incurred in (a) 2004-05 and (b) the out years as a result of the introduction of pay parking in Belconnen and Tuggeranong;
(5) What would the itemised cost be for each town centre to restore free parking in Belconnen and Tuggeranong.
Mr Wood: The answers to Mrs Dunne's questions are as follows:
(1) It is expected that revenue from pay parking in Belconnen and Tuggeranong during 2003-04 will be $469,000 and $205,000 respectively.
(3) The itemised cost to date for each town centre is:
Consultancy for the implementation of pay parking
Purchase of Ticket Machines
Civil Works including signs, road markings and Installation of Ticket Machines
(a) Amount paid (b) Accrued cost (c) This item was not split between each town centre