Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 426..
Balance $159,000 spent in 2003-04
Works undertaken included investigation by Geotechnical Engineers and work program development. In addition temporary traffic measures have also been in place.
2003-04 - Landslip rectification ($200,000 + $900,000)
$129,000 already spent until 30 November 2003.
Damage contained and roads are reopened to traffic with safety measures in place.
Bushfires-free plant schemes
(Question No 1220)
Mrs Dunne asked the Chief Minister, upon notice:
How many bushfire victims have taken up the offer to utilise the free plant scheme and at what cost.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Fire Issue Registrations:
(April 2003 - Dec 2003)
$71,280 (including GST)
(Question No 1221)
Ms Dundas asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on
11 December 2003:
In relation to drugs.
For each of the last five years:
(1) Have figures been kept on the number of people who the police find in possession of drugs but who are not charged, and if so, how many such people are not charged each year;
(2) How many people who the police find with drugs in their possession are referred for treatment through the ACT Early Intervention and Diversion Program, and how many are instead charged with a drug related offence;
(3) Is the effectiveness of the Early Intervention and Diversion Program being monitored to assess its effect on recidivism;
(4) How many times have ACT Magistrates referred people convicted of drug-related offences to the Court Alcohol and Drug Assessment Service at the pre-sentencing stage, and how many have not been referred;
(5) Is the effectiveness of the Court Alcohol and Drug Assessment Service referral process being monitored to assess its effect on recidivism;