Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 420..
(2) At the end of the first quarter $8 000 had been spent on this project. What works took place as part of that $8 000 expenditure and where; and
(3) What works remain to be completed with the $192, 000 outstanding authorisation.
Mr Stanhope: The answers to the member's questions are as follows:
(1) Health Building in Moore Street, Civic - hot water system upgrade;
Health Building in Moore Street, Civic - retrofit lights;
North Building, Civic - upgrade 'Building Management System'; and
North Building, Civic - installing variable speed drives in the air-conditioning system.
(2) First quarter expenditure consists of on-costs such as contractor site inspections, finalised work specifications, and preparation of tenders.
(3) The North Building 'Building Management System' upgrade is now 98% complete and will be finalised by the end of January 2004. The Moore Street hot water system upgrade and retrofitting of lights and the North Building variable speed drives installation work will be completed by June 2004.
(Question No 1218)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to Lake Ginninderra Dam Protection Measures:
(1) What works are scheduled to take place as part of this project listed as capital works in the 2003-04 budget;
(2) At the end of the first quarter $20 000 had been spent on this project. What works took place as part of that $20 000 expenditure;
(3) What works remain to be completed with the $980 000 outstanding authorisation.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The works include a major secondary spillway on the western side of the existing dam wall to provide protection against a extreme flood event. A meter high concrete wall will be constructed along the road median in Gininderra Drive on top of the existing dam wall and a levee bank on the eastern side of Coulter Drive
(2) Expenditure to date relates to design work.
(3) In accordance with the 2003-04 Budget Paper No 4 half the expenditure is planned for the last quarter of 2003-04 and the second half of the expenditure is expected in the first quarter of 2004-05.