Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 410..
It complements the construction of a new pavilion being constructed adjacent to the oval by the Tuggeranong Valley Cricket Club.
(2) Works in the September quarter were primarily the construction of the new practice nets and the picket fence around the oval boundary.
(3) Works are 90% complete as of December 2003. Works remaining to take place are final completion of outfield restoration, upgrading and completion of site works (lighting, tree planting, paving and drainage) adjacent to the new pavilion and oval boundary fence.
(4) All works would have met the scheduled completion date except that a problem arose through contamination of wicket soil in the new turf wicket. Remedial work on this aspect will commence in early January 2004. A revised completion and handover date has been programmed for 1 March 2004.
Canberra Theatre Centre
(Question No 1196)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Arts and Heritage, upon notice:
In relation to Canberra Theatre Centre minor new works:
(1) What works are scheduled to take place as part of this project listed as capital works in the 2003-04 budget;
(2) At the end of the first quarter $0 had been spent on this $195 000 project. Is this project still running according to schedule given that the completion date listed is April 2004;
(3) If yes to (2) have works commenced and if so on what date did they commence and what amount of funds have been spent to date. If no to (2) why not, what is the new completion date, what has been the delay with the project and what amount of funds have been spent to date.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) Works listed in the 2003/2004 budget scheduled to take place are:
replacement of blue/white backstage lighting system in The Playhouse, $30,000
replacement of Theatre lighting control board, $70,000
a study into the requirements for improved Disabled Access to Administration and Theatre stage door, $50,000
replacement of the Theatre stage management console, $45,000.
Total: Canberra Theatre Centre Minor New Works: $195,000
(2) Yes, the projects are still running to schedule and have been programmed to fit around the operational timetable of the Canberra Theatre Centre.
Blue/white backstage lighting system is complete and the amount of $30,000 has recently been requested to be drawn down from the capital works appropriation.