Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 409..
Mr Stanhope: The answers to the member's questions are as follows:
(1) The Art and Soul - City Walk Sculpture, titled LaserWrap, to be located on the ACT Health Building at the western end of Alinga St, Canberra City, is currently being fabricated.
(2) The Government is committed to this project.
(3) & (4) As at December 2003, $65 000 has been expended to fund: commission advertising, shortlisted artists' concept designs, selected artist's final design, and the development application ($12 000), and fabrication of the artwork ($53 000).
The outstanding $20 000 will include a payment to the artist of $15 150 on practical completion and installation of the artwork; and a payment of $3 850 to the artist at the expiry of a six month defects period.
(6) Due to its location, the artwork must meet national planning and heritage requirements, as well as ACT planning and heritage requirements. This has required considerable consultation and an unusually lengthy approvals process. Development approval for the artwork was received in early December 2003. The artists are now proceeding with fabrication and installation of the artwork, in anticipation of a March 2004 launch.
(Question No 1195)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to Chisholm oval upgrade:
(1) What works are scheduled to take place as part of this project listed as capital works in the 2003-04 budget;
(2) In the September quarter $200,000 had been spent on this project. What was delivered for that $200,000 worth of expenditure;
(3) What works remain with the outstanding authorisation of $210,000;
(4) Will this project be completed this month as scheduled. If not, why not and when will it be completed.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The project provides for the upgrading of the No 1 oval primarily for local senior grade cricket and to host other minor representative fixtures. It includes a new turf wicket, replacement of synthetic practice nets, establishment of turf practice nets, a new picket fence around the oval boundary, restoration and improvement of a section of the outfield, and minor site improvements to tree planting, lighting and access.