Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 390..
(Question No 1172)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to pensioner off-peak bus tickets:
(1) Has a concessions review commenced to consider the issue of extending the existing pensioner off-peak ticket to peak periods;
(2) If yes to (1), when did this review commence and when will it be completed. If no to (1), why has this review not commenced and will it be undertaken in this term of government;
(3) The off-peak concession ticket to non-peak periods was meant to be considered in the 2004-05 budget following investigation of the impact on the farebox revenue for ACTION and the level of additional funds required. Has an investigation of the impact on the fare box revenue and the level of additional funds required commenced;
(4) If yes to (1), when did this investigation commence and when will it be completed. If no to (3), why has this investigation not commenced and will it be undertaken in this term of government?
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(2) The review commenced in September 2003 and was completed in November 2003.
(4) In the context of the review of the off-peak ticket, the investigation of the impacts on farebox revenue commenced in October 2003 and was completed in November 2003.
Water-stage 3 restrictions
(Question No 1173)
Mr Cornwell asked the Treasurer:
In relation to Government water savings:
(1) What water savings have been achieved in ACT government agencies and departments since the beginning of stage 3 water restrictions?
(2) What % reduction of water usage was achieved in ACT government agencies and departments with the introduction of
a - stage 1 - water restrictions;
b - stage 2 - water restrictions; and
c - stage 3 - water restrictions.