Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 386..
Promoting Positive Behaviours programs have been conducted for 151 primary teachers, 30 school assistants and the entire staff of 2 schools.
Teachers have benefited from workshops in areas including robotics, global collaborative projects, multiliteracies, multimedia, school intranets and information literacy.
(3) The School Excellence Initiative is being implemented. It provides the overarching framework for ACT Government school improvement, and for the improvement of teacher quality in our schools.
New programs planned for 2004 include:
a whole school learning technology program to support the use of contemporary pedagogies that embed the use of technologies by all teachers.
programs focusing on Student Pathways and the Safe Schools Framework.
a program to share leading practices between ACT Government schools.
(4) The department continuously monitors the outcomes of local and international research into teacher quality and teacher pedagogy. A professional learning knowledge base is being implemented in 2004 to provide easy access for teachers to that information.
Local research was commissioned to inform the High School Development Program and the education of boys.
(Question No 1163)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 10 December 2003:
In relation to the transportable amenity improvement program (TAIP) and further to your reply to Question on notice No 619:
(1) Your reply to paragraph (3) of Question on notice No 619 you indicated that an answer could not be provided because the 2003-04 Budget had not been released. Now that the 2003-04 Budget has been released, has the TAIP program continued to be funded this financial year;
(2) If no to (1) why not;
(3) If yes to (1), have any schools applied for air conditioning this year;
(4) Your reply to Question on notice No 619 indicated that Chisholm, Gowrie and Isabella Plains primary schools had been approved for air conditioning but a request for reimbursement had not been received and paid. Have receipts now been received and paid, if not, why not.