Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 376..
(2) Not all break-ins result in theft. Of the 117 break-ins reported, 46 resulted in theft this year, including the theft of computers.
The following items (excluding computers) have been stolen in the reported break-ins: Oxy & acetylene equipment, televisions, digital video disc players, video cameras, data projectors, digital cameras, digital video cameras, digital video discs, food from canteen, metalwork equipment, compact discs, fax machines, a ride-on lawn mower, sporting equipment, a stereo system and video games items. The total value of theft of items (excluding computers) this year is $94,826.
(3) Over the past twelve calendar months a total of 37 schools reported thefts of computers. The total number of PCs (including laptops) reported stolen was 130 of approximately 14,000 computers in schools or less than 1%. Of these there were:
(a) 60 school PCs or laptops; and
(b) 70 teacher PCs or laptops.
(4) Four claims have been made by schools in 2003.
(5) No claims have been made by the Department for theft of school-based assets in 2003.
(6) The total replacement value of the reported theft of computers in the past twelve months is $152,000. The total value of all other goods reported stolen from schools in the past twelve months is $94,826. This represents an annual cost of theft to schools in Canberra of approximately $250,000.
(7) There is a $25,000 deductible (excess) for each claim made under the insurance policy. In major instances the department would accept responsibility for the excess and reimburse schools.
(8) No. See also the response to (7) above.
Woden police station
(Question No 1145)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on Thursday, 27 November 2003:
In relation to the Woden Police Station:
(1) A total of $5 million was allocated in 2002-03 for the Woden Police Station, but this figure was revised down to $120 000, why is this so;
(2) Why was only $61 000 of that $120 000 expended at the end of 2002-03;
(3) What was delivered for the $61 000 expended last financial year;
(4) $5.605 million has been allocated for expenditure in 2003-04, how much of that allocation has been expended to date this financial year. If funds have been expended this financial year, what has been delivered for that expenditure;