Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2004 Week 1 Hansard (12 February) . . Page.. 370..
(2) No school or community group missed out on a security upgrade as a result of this change. It is proposed to undertake the work at Evatt Primary School as part of the 2003-04 program.
(3) The security measures installed in 2002-03 were:
Southern Cross Primary School
Gowrie Primary School
Calwell High School
Kambah High School
(4) In 2003-04 funding of $240 000 has been allocated for security upgrades.
(5) A total of 14 schools made bids in the 2003-04 program to improve a range of security features to protect the school after hours. These features included security fencing and gates, improvements to external lighting and intruder alarm systems. The projects that received priority and are funded in 2003-04 are:
Evatt Primary School
Fraser Primary School
Melba High School
Wanniassa School Senior Campus
(Question No 1131)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 26 November 2003:
In relation to older schools refurbishments:
(1) Why was the approved financing of $2.5 million for older schools refurbishments in the capital works program for 2002-03 revised down to $2 million;
(2) Which schools benefited from the works undertaken as part of the $1.294 million expended in 2002-03, and what works were undertaken at each school;
(3) What schools missed out due to the budget being revised down by $706 000, and what works were anticipated as part of the original approved financing;
(4) Will the outstanding authorisation of $1.206 million be expended on older schools refurbishments this financial year. If so, which schools will benefit and what works will be undertaken at each school.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) The approved financing was revised down to $2 million for this project because construction commencement was later than planned. The balance of $0.5 million was rolled over to 2003-04.