Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 14 Hansard (12 December) . . Page.. 4535..
(Question No 356)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Police, Emergency Services and Corrections, upon notice, on 10 December 2002:
Would the Minister advise if there have been any acts of vandalism committed against the former Kippax Fitness and Leisure Centre and if so:
(1) How many.
(2) When did those acts occur.
(3) What damage was actually done to the centre as a result of those acts of vandalism.
(4) Were any other premises in the area affected by those acts of vandalism.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Between 1 December 1998 and 9 December 2002, there were 6.
(2) and (3) Please see attached table.
(4) Information recorded on the Police Realtime Online Management System does not state if other premises were affected in the area.
Total Number of Reported Property Damage Offences For Kippax Pool and Fitness Centre
Period 1 December 1998 - 9 December 2002
Breakage of pool filter causing burn out of motor
Breakage of glass door
Damage to windows
Damage to squash court glass, gym equipt't etc
Fire started in aerobics room of Gym
Source: PROMIS database 9 December 2002