Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 14 Hansard (12 December) . . Page.. 4522..
Philip trades area
(Question No 328)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to Phillip Mixed Services Area:
(1) Where is the report into the Phillip trades area carried out by Australian Marketing and Research Services.
(2) What was the cost of the report.
(3) Can a copy of the report be made available to interested parties, including myself and if not, why not.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) Full copies of the report were distributed to the three members of the Phillip Traders Association working group in August 2002. A summary document was available to all interested people at a public presentation held at the Canberra Southern Cross Club on Monday 14 October 2002.
(2) Australian Marketing and Research Services was paid $19,200 plus GST to undertake various surveys, prepare a report on the findings and make recommendations about marketing opportunities for small business in the Phillip Mixed Services Area.
(3) Copies of the report can be obtained from Rod Baxter, the project officer at Planning and Land Management. Mr Baxter can be contacted on 6207 1751.
(Question No 329)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
(1) How much money was raised by ACT-based registered charities in the ACT in (a) 1999-2000 (b) 2000-2001 (c) 2001-2002.
(2) What was the total number of charities engaged in this enterprise in each of these years.
(3) What was the figure and number at (1) and (2) above for non-charitable groups, eg Service Clubs, in such fundraising.
(4) If the information sought at (1) and (3) above is not available, why not.