Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 13 Hansard (21 November) . . Page.. 4044..
(5) The graffiti removal contract for government assets requires all areas to be inspected weekly. In high priority areas, graffiti with offensive words and messages and reported incidents by the public must be removed within 24 hours of observation or notification. In other areas graffiti is to be removed within three days. The contract requires at least 95% compliance and this is being achieved. Removal time from private assets is dependent on the time it takes to get leaseholders agreement to have the work done. The Government has two contractors in place for graffiti removal. Canberra Horticultural Maintenance is responsible for three regions: Tuggeranong, Canberra Central and Belconnen/Gungahlin. Totalcare is the other contractor responsible for Woden/Weston area.
Kippax library services study
(Question No 316)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to the release of the Kippax Library Services Study.
(1) Was the report on the upgrade or establishment of a permanent Kippax Library due in September 2002.
(2) Has the report been received by the Government, and if not, why not.
(3) If it has been received can a copy be made available to interested parties, including myself.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) Yes the report was due in September 2002.
(2) The report has been received.
(3) The Report will be considered by a Joint Departmental Working Group on 3 December 2002. The Report will be released publicly subsequent to that meeting. I will arrange for a copy to be forwarded to your office in December 2002.