Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 13 Hansard (21 November) . . Page.. 4038..
City Walk/Petrie Plaza area
(Question No 307)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to City Walk / Petrie Plaza or the area surrounding the carousel...
(1) How often has the area been dug up, restored or renovated since 1989.
(2) What was the cost of each such makeover.
(3) Why was each makeover conducted.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The area of Petrie Plaza between the Carousel and Bunda Street has been renovated once since 1989.
(2) The cost of the recent refurbishment was $840,000.
(3) The refurbishment was undertaken to remove worn and redundant infrastructure and to improve the accessibility and safety of the Plaza. Improvements were made to the area's functionality and appeal via provision of new pedestrian lights, tree bud light poles, power bollards, street furniture, street trees, pavement and public art.
(Question No 309)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 12 November 2002:
1. What was the profit returned to the ACT Government for Floriade in (a) 1999, (b) 2000, (c) 2001
2. What was the cost to the ACT Government for Floriade in each of the above years.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. The surplus (profit) returned to the ACT Government for Floriade for 1999-2001 was as follows.
(a) 1999 - $35,000
(b) 2000 - $219,000
(c) 2001 - $7,000