Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 13 Hansard (21 November) . . Page.. 4025..
Fairbairn Avenue, Campbell
(Question No 284)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to Fairbairn Avenue, Campbell:
(1) What is the current status of the upgrade of Fairbairn Avenue, Campbell.
(2) Have the funds been set aside in the 2002-03 Budget for the consultancy services on this project and if not, why not.
(3) Where is the Environmental Impact Study promised for August 2002 on this proposal.
(4) If the funds have not been set aside, will this delay work commencing in 2003-04.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The conceptual design is completed and several public meetings have been held to present various options. The Preliminary Assessment for the section between Northcott Drive and Anzac Parade is currently being prepared and when complete it will be put out for public comment.
(2) $0.5 million of funding is identified in the 2002-03 Budget for Forward Design.
(3) Environmental Issues are being addressed as part of the Preliminary Assessment.
(4) Construction funding is currently being considered as part of the 2003-04 capital works program. Construction timing will depend on availability of funding.
(Question No 285)
Ms Tucker asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the Orana School at Weston:
(1) Has an agreement been made between the Government and the Orana School for the school to surrender part of its lease in exchange for an area of unleaded Territory land adjoining the site.
(2) Who initiated this proposal, for what reason, and when.
(3) When was the agreement finalised.
(4) What consultation occurred with other stakeholders regarding the land swap.