Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 11 Hansard (26 September) . . Page.. 3392..
Chief Minister's Department
(Question No 294)
Mr Humphries asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 25 September 2002:
In the 2002 - 03 Budget Paper No. 4, total funding of $7.8 million is shown for a Management Infrastructure Review Project under the estimates for the Chief Minister's Department:
(1) What is the objective and scope of this Project.
(2) On what Project activities will $6.893 million be spent during 2002 -03.
(3) What resources from within the ACT Public Service will be utilised in this Project.
(4) Will any external consultants be engaged to perform any of the work involved in the Project.
(5) If external consultants are to be involved in this Project, what funds will be paid to these consultants.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Project objective is to provide an appropriate corporate services information technology infrastructure for the ACT Public Service, thereby ensuring effective support for requirements such as payroll calculation, pay disbursement and basic human resource management. These changes will underpin future effective delivery of services to the ACT community.
This Project entails the specification development, procurement and early implementation stages of a human resource management system solution that replaces of the existing legacy system currently supporting the majority of agencies across the ACT Public Service.
(2) Proposed 2002 - 03 activities utilising the $6.893 million capital funding comprise acquisition costs, implementation costs to "go live" stage and direct project management costs, including salaries for the project management team of public servants.
(3) The Project is being managed from within the Public Service, with a structure including:
� a Project Board to set and monitor the Project's strategic direction;
� a Project Management team made up of four officers to undertake and manage the project; and
� Working Groups of representatives from all departments.