Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 9 Hansard (21 August) . . Page.. 2769..
lighting. Major assets within Latham have also been inspected under the routine inspection programme.
3. Roads ACT recognises that assets are ageing in Latham, similar to other ACT suburbs. If an inspection identifies a safety problem then temporary work is carried out as soon as possible to ensure the asset is safe.
4. The majority of repairs have been completed.
5. Some permanent repairs to footpaths are scheduled for completion later this year.
(Question No 237)
Mrs Dunne asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 20 August 2002:
In relation to ministerial councils:
(1) What ministerial councils do your ministers belong to.
(2) What meetings of these councils have been held since you took office and where were they held.
(3) What meetings were attended.
(4) What meetings were not attended.
(5) What meetings are scheduled in the next six months.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
A complete list of ministerial councils, including ACT ministerial portfolio responsibilities is at Attachment A. The list has been derived from the Commonwealth-State Ministerial Councils - A Compendium, updated by the Commonwealth Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet in June this year.
The table at Attachment B provides details of:
those ministerial councils that have been held since I took office;
details of attendance at those meetings;
the location of the meetings; and
advice on those councils that are scheduled to meet in the next six months.
Please note that the Premiers' Conference has not been listed as the Commonwealth State Ministerial Councils - A Compendium indicates that "with the establishment of the Ministerial Council for Commonwealth-State Financial Relations, under the Intergovernmental Agreement on the Reform of Commonwealth-State Relations, it is envisaged that there will be less, if any, need for Premiers' Conferences".