Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 9 Hansard (21 August) . . Page.. 2751..
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) Roads ACT advise that asphalt patching was carried out at Parkes Way from 3 to 6 June 2002. Unfortunately, this work added to the traffic disruptions caused by the V8 car race.
The Work was issued to the contractor on 21 May 2002 with a required completion by 25 June 2002. This provided a reasonable time frame for the contractor to carry out the work. The contractor programmed the work to satisfy their business arrangements and the temporary traffic plans that confined the work to off peak hours between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.
(2) Roads ACT, in liaison with the National Capital Authority, approved the temporary traffic plans for the V8 car race and the asphalt patching work on Parkes Way. Liaison also occurred between the Asset Maintenance area of roads ACT and the area responsible for traffic management. Roads ACT did not anticipate the traffic delays that occurred during the off peak period. However, like all road works the traffic situation was monitored and the contractor was directed off the road on the morning of 6 June 2002.
(3) It is clear from the answer to part (2) of the question that liaison does occur between relevant agencies. In future however, road works around major events will be prevented if the cost penalties for doing so are reasonably acceptable.
H Division shires
(Question No 227)
Mr Cornwell asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 26 June 2002:
In relation to the H Division Shires Meetings held quarterly in Queanbeyan, NSW:
(1) Who is our Assembly representative for the ACT Government.
(2) How many meetings have been held since your Government was formed.
(3) How many of the meetings at (2) were attended by our Assembly representative.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government is not a member nor represented on H Division of the Australian Local Government Shires Association.
This is a NSW Local Government Association and Member Councils include: Bega Valley, Bombala, Boorowa, Cooma-Monaro, Crookwell, Eurobodalla, Gunning, Harden, Mulwaree, Snowy River, Tallanganda, Yarrowlumla, Yass and Young Shire Councils. Goulburn and Queanbeyan City Councils are Associate Members.
(2) H Division meets every three months in Queanbeyan. Since the current ACT Government was formed H Division have met 3 times:
16 November 2001;
22 February 2002; and
17 May 2002.
(3) The ACT Assembly is not represented on H Division.