Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 9 Hansard (21 August) . . Page.. 2745..
The Constable Kenny Koala program is intended to create a learning environment conducive to participation and direct involvement of children in the 3-11 year age group. This age group has been identified as the most suitable for early intervention.
Hill Corner, Yarralumla
(Question No 222)
Ms Tucker asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to Blocks 2 and 3, Section 62, Hill Corner, Yarralumla:
(1) When was the current building on Block 2 (a) constructed, (b) for what purpose, and (c) who owned the building.
(2) Who is the (a) current leaseholder of Block 2, (b) when did they take over the lease, (c) what is the lease purpose and (d) what money was paid for the lease.
(3) What was the (a) original proposed use of Block 3 and (b) why has it remained vacant up until now.
(4) Given that Block 3 is landscaped as a park with an irrigation system and park bench, did previous governments intend that the area be a public park.
(5) Has any agreement been made, either in principle or in fact, to transfer the lease of Block 3 from the Government and, if so, (a) when was the agreement made, (b) who is the new leaseholder, (c) what is the sale price of the land and, (d) what is proposed to be built on the Block.
(6) If the answer to 5 is yes, what process was followed to determine the use of Block 3, including (a) consideration of other land uses or keeping the Block as public park and, (b) the identification of other organisations who may be interested in the Block.
(7) If the answer to 5 is no, what consideration is the Government giving to the selling or developing of Block 3.
(8) What consultation has occurred with neighbouring residents about the redevelopment of Blocks 2 and 3.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) (a) The exact construction date of building is not known but it is understood to have been built some time early in the 1950s. The building was a Commonwealth owned building transferred to the Territory at the time self-government was implemented.
(b) The building was used as a pre-school.
(c) The building was owned by the agency responsible for pre-school services.