Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 7 Hansard (6 June) . . Page.. 2155..
The ACT is currently experiencing one of the lowest vacancy rates in the private rental market in recent history, and there is growing evidence that the number of households in housing stress in our community is increasing. In response to this situation, the Minister for Housing, Mr Bill Wood, MLA, is forming an Affordable Housing Task Force, with representatives from the community, the business and financial sectors, and government.
The Task Force will make recommendations to the Minister for Housing for an affordable housing strategy by 30 October 2002.
This strategy will:
1. define the nature of affordable housing;
2. identify the factors, extent and incidence of housing stress and lack of housing affordability overall within the ACT community;
3. identify and assess opportunities and constraints for the development of affordable housing in the ACT;
4. identify strategies used to increase housing affordability in other jurisdictions in Australia and overseas, and assess their appropriateness in the ACT context; and
5. develop broadly based strategies for increasing housing affordability, taking into account financial, land use, planning, taxation and other considerations, as well as the role of both the social and private housing sectors.
Quarterly management reports
(Question No 200)
Mr Humphries asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 4 June 2002:
In relation to the March quarterly management report:
(1) Can you advise for (a) the March Quarterly Management Report the predicted final operating result, and (b) the final operating result for the following financial years:
(2) Can you further advise of the variation in each financial year between the prediction of the final operating result in the March Quarterly Report and the final operating year.