Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 7 Hansard (6 June) . . Page.. 2114..
Roads to recovery program
(Question No 194)
Mr Humphries asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 4 June 2002:
In relation to the 2001-02 Budget allocation of $5.1 million to be spent during 2001-02 on projects in the ACT identified under the Commonwealth Government's Roads to Recovery Program:
(1) What expenditure has been incurred on Roads to Recovery projects as at 31 March 2002.
(2) What expenditure is expected to be incurred on Roads to Recovery projects between 31 March 2002 and 30 June 2002.
(3) If the amount committed to the Roads to Recovery Program for 2001-02 is not expected to be spent this financial year, what is the reason for this outcome.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Expenditure of $0.724 has been incurred on the Roads to Recovery program in 2001-02 to the end of the March quarter 2002, taking total expenditure for this program to $0.840m against financing of $5.4m.
(2) Further expenditure of $2.5m is expected to be incurred on this program between 31 March 2002 and 30 June 2002, bringing total estimated expenditure by the end of the financial year to $3.340m for the entire project to date, against the revised 2001-02 financing of $3.340m.
(3) An amount of $2.252m has been rolled over to the 2002-03 financial year. Delays have resulted from complications experienced in the tender process; the majority of the project should be completed by the end of the 2002-03 financial year.
(Question No 195)
Mr Humphries asked the Minister for Industrial Relations, upon notice, on 4 June 2002:
(1) Can the Minister advise how many days were lost through industrial action in the ACT for the years 1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999, 2000 and 2001.
(2) Can the Minister further advise how many days were lost through industrial action during the first quarter of 2002.
(3) Can the Minister advise on how many days were lost in the private sector, Federal Government and ACT Government in each of the above years and for the first quarter of 2002.
(4) Can the Minister advise how many days were lost in each ACT Government agency for each of the above years and for the first quarter of 2002.