Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 7 Hansard (6 June) . . Page.. 2106..
(Question No 187)
Mr Humphries asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 4 June 2002:
In relation to the 2001-02 Budget allocation of $12.0 million of Commonwealth Government funds to be spent on the Barton Highway during 2001-02:
(1) What expenditure has been incurred on the Barton Highway capital works project as at 31 March 2002.
(2) What expenditure is expected to be incurred on the Barton Highway capital works project between 31 March 2002 and 30 June 2002.
(3) If the amount committed to the Barton Highway capital works project for 2001-02 is not expected to be spent this financial year, what is the reason for this outcome.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Expenditure of $6.408 has been incurred on the Barton Highway project in 2001-02 to the end of the March quarter 2002, against revised financing of $13.5m. An amount of $1.317m had already been expended in previous years, taking expenditure to date to $7.725m
(2) Further expenditure of $7.214m is expected to be incurred on this capital works project between 31 March 2002 and 30 June 2002. This will take the total estimated expenditure by the end of the financial year to $14.939m for the entire project to date, against total financing to date of $15m ($13.5m in 2001-02, $1.5m in 2000-01).
(3) Budgeted expenditure for the year was $12m, this was revised to $13.5m. Expenditure to date of $14.939m is broadly in line with total financing for the year.
The overall project value for the Barton Highway of $15m has also been increased to $19m during 2001-02, following increased project scope. The $4m increase was jointly funded by the Commonwealth and ACT Governments. The residual of this project is now budgeted for expenditure in 2002-03