Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 6 Hansard (16 May) . . Page.. 1796..
V8 supercar race
(Question No 165)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Sport, Racing and Gaming, upon notice, on 14 May 2002:
In relation to the V8 Supercar Race -
(1) To date, is there no major sponsor for this year's race.
(2) If no major sponsor is found by 7 June, what will be the ACT Government's level of indebtedness to the event.
(3) If a major sponsor is found by 7 June, what will be the ACT Government's level of indebtedness to the event.
(4) Is the Treasurer able to advise what is the cost of the full major sponsorship package for the event and due to the proximity of the event, could a contributor claim major sponsorship for a lesser amount; if so, how will that affect the ACT Government's level of indebtedness.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1, 2, 3, 4)
A sponsor for this years V8 Superior Race has been found, in the form of STEGBAR Canberra 400.
The returns to the Government from the V8 Supercar Race and the potential level of indebtedness will be subject of a financial performance report by the CTEC Board after the race has been completed and those results will be published at the appropriate time.
(Question No 166)
Mr Cornwell asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 14 May 2002:
In relation to electricity services throughout the ACT:
(1) In (i) 2001 and (ii) 2002 to date how many electricity outages occurred in the ACT, listed by date, duration and by suburb.
(2) Which suburbs/areas of the ACT received electricity infrastructure upgrades in 2001.
(3) Which suburbs/areas of the ACT are programmed for electricity upgrades in 2002 and which of those have occurred already this calendar year.