Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 6 Hansard (16 May) . . Page.. 1795..
WorkCover has been advised by ActewAGL that their "report addresses the Canberra Centre incident from their point of view and is aimed at eliminating future occurrences of this type. There remain some differences between ActewAGL's account and that of other parties, although ActewAGL has no reason to change the report at this time based on its current understanding of the views of other parties. ActewAGL is also conscious of the fact that the report may be relevant in possible future legal action."
Residential treatment facilities for older persons with mental health problems
(Question No 164)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 14 May 2002:
(1) Is it a fact that the ACT Mental Health Services (ACTMHS) have negotiated an arrangement for residential treatment facilities for older persons with mental health problems.
(2) Where is this facility located and how many beds are involved.
(3) Were admissions to commence late in 2001.
(4) Did commencement of the service take place; if not, why not.
(5) How many people are currently accommodated if the moves did occur.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) ACT Mental Health Services have a formal, 5-year agreement in place with Sir Leslie Morshead Home.
(2) The facility is Sir Leslie Morshead Home and it is located at 26 Archibald Street, Lyneham. The ACT Government funding for this aged care facility provides additional support for ten nursing home clients requiring psychogeriatric care.
(3) Yes, admissions were to commence late in 2001.
(4) Admissions to these beds occurred in October 2001.
(5) Ten clients currently receiving psycho-geriatric support reside at Sir Leslie Morshead Home.