Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 6 Hansard (16 May) . . Page.. 1794..
(2) The ICRC requires licensed utility companies to report to them annually on a number of matters, including the number of customers to whom they supply gas and electricity. No gas customers have transferred from supply by actual at this stage.
I am advised that the latest figures available to the ICRC relate to the period up until 30 June 2001 and indicate that less than 1% of the contestable electricity retail market in the ACT was supplied by electricity retailers other than actual at that time.
Since 30 June 2001 another tranche of customers, those consuming between 100MWh and 160MWh per annum, have been able to choose the retailer from whom they purchase their electricity. The reports to the ICRC by licensed utility companies relating to the current financial year will include the number of customers within the last tranche that have transferred to other retailers and information on any other transfer of higher volume customers.
Civic-gas pipeline breakage
(Question No 163)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Industrial Relations and Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 14 May 2002:
In relation to the incident prior to Christmas 2001 when Saturday morning trading at the Canberra Centre was prevented due to a gas pipeline breakage:
1. Has ActewAGL's Report into the incident been released.
2. Can a copy be made available to interested parties, including myself.
3. If the Report has not been released; why not.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Has ActewAGL's Report into the incident been released.
WorkCover has been advised by ActewAGL that their "internal report has been completed however this document will not be released for public discussion."
WorkCover has provided their investigation report to ActewAGL as well as to the relevant parties involved in the incident.
(2) Can a copy be made available to interested parties, including myself.
WorkCover has been advised by ActewAGL that they "have no objections to their internal report being tabled in the Assembly."
(3) If the Report has not been released; why not.