Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 5 Hansard (9 May) . . Page.. 1498..
Woden Valley-police patrol cars
(Question No 148)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Police, Emergency Services and Corrections, upon notice, on 11 April 2002:
In relation to police patrol cars operating in the Woden Valley:
(1) How many police patrol cars are operating in the Woden Valley during each shift.
(2) How does this number compare with patrol cares in other ACT regions.
(3) Are there plans to upgrade this number and if so, when.
Mr Quinlan: - The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There are currently two patrol cars carrying two police officers operating in the Woden Valley during each shift. A third two-person patrol operates when resources permit.
(2) Belconnen Patrol, the only other patrol of similar size, operates with exactly the same arrangements. There is an additional two-person patrol dispatched from Gungahlin during each shift. Arrangements for the larger patrols in Civic and Tuggeranong vary.
(3) There are currently no plans to upgrade the number of police patrol cars operating in the Woden Valley.