Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 5 Hansard (9 May) . . Page.. 1493..
Lake Ginninderra foreshore
(Question No 146)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to refurbishment of the Lake Ginninderra Foreshore:
(1) Is the Minister aware of the consultancy for the refurbishment of the Lake Ginninderra Foreshore.
(2) How was the contract for the consultancy let.
(3) Who was awarded the consultancy.
(4) What was the original brief for the consultancy.
(5) When did water quality in Lake Ginninderra become part of the brief.
(6) Now that the consultation process has closed how many people were consulted during the consultancy.
Mr Wood: The answer to Mrs Dunne's question is as follows:
The Belconnen Lakeshore Refurbishment project commenced in May 2001with the engagement of ACT Procurement Solutions to manage the Forward Design study process. ACT Procurement Solutions engaged the design consultant team in August 2001 following a tender process.
Part of the study involves conducting public consultation, and this process commenced in September 2001 and continued until the closure of the public display of options on Friday 5 April 2002.
The answers to each part of the question are as follows:
2. The contract for the consultancy was let following a tender process managed by ACT Procurement Solutions, in which pre-qualified consultants from the Government's supplier data base were invited to provide expressions of interest and quotations to undertake the work of developing proposals and plans for the refurbishment of the Belconnen Lakeshore. As the work involved requires the application of a number of different skills, the consultants formed teams as part of the tendering process.
3. The contract was awarded to a team lead by the local landscape architecture firm Rochford Telfer Group. Key personnel of the Rochford Telfer Group have experience in the design, docmentation and construction supervision of landscape, infrastructure and urban environment projects in both the ACT region and interstate, including major waterfront/urban edge/parkland environment projects such as Melbourne Docklands, and Mill Park Lakes Urban Village and Lake Foreshores (Victoria).