Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 5 Hansard (9 May) . . Page.. 1457..
Men's Accommodation and Crisis Service
(Question No 123)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 9 April 2002:
In relation to the letting of the Men's Accommodation and Crisis Service (MAACS) contract:
(1) Under the guidelines as set down by the Department of Education, list the names of those persons nominated as referees.
(2) What was the purpose of nominating those referees.
(3) As of 28 February 2002, were any of the nominated referees interviewed, and if so state the dates and times they were interviewed, and if not, why not.
Mr Corbell: The answer to Mr Stefaniak's question is:
(1) The department's guidelines in relation to the treatment of referee reports was outlined in the Tender Evaluation Plan - An Accommodation And Support Service for Homeless Men and Their Children (Section 8.8.4 Overall Assessment, page 11). The Evaluation Plan states that the "nominated Referees of the preferred tenderer" would be contacted.
The nominated referees for the successful tenderer (Canberra Fathers' and Children's Service CANFACS) were:
The Manager, Domestic Violence Crisis Service; and
The Assistant Secretary, Family Relationships Branch, Commonwealth Department of Family and Community Services.
(2) As outlined in the Evaluation Plan (S8.8, page 11) "additional information may be sought to confirm the veracity of the tenderers claims against the Evaluation Criteria".
(3) The Chair of the tender panel contacted the Manager, Domestic Violence Crisis Service and the Assistant Secretary, Family Relationships Branch, Commonwealth Department of Family and Community Services by telephone on 21 December 2001.