Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 4 Hansard (11 April) . . Page.. 1179..
National capital motor sports complex
(Question No 118)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the National Capital Motor Sports complex adjacent to Fairbairn Park:
(1) What are the (a) lease details of this complex and (b) when were they issued?
(2) Does the lease differ from that of Fairbairn Park and if so, how in all specifics?
(3) Will copies of each of these two leases be made available to interested parties, including myself and if so, when and if not, why not?
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) (a) and (b) Block 601 Majura is leased to the National Capital Motorsports Club Incorporated for a term of 50 years commencing on 22 September 1989.
(2) There are a large number of differences between the National Capital Motorsports lease and the lease for Fairbairn Park, Block 306 Gungahlin (now part of Majura), which was granted to the Fairbairn Park Control Council Incorporated on 17 December 1976.
The specific differences are best compared by examination of each lease document.
(3) A copy is each lease document is attached for your perusal. Interested parties can also obtain copies of the leases at the Registrar-General's Office upon payment of the applicable fee.
Note: Attachments unable to be incorporated. Copies available from Chamber Support Office.