Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 4 Hansard (11 April) . . Page.. 1171..
Motor racing-noise complaints
(Question No 112)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to Fairbairn Park Motorsport Complex (currently comprising the Motor Cycle Track, Go Cart Track, The Historic Racing Car Track (formerly called the Formula 500 Track), and the Hill Climb Track:
(1) How many noise complaints have been received in each of the following years:
(j) 2001; and
(2) List the number of persons who made complaints in each year referred to above.
(3) List the number of times those persons in (2) above made complaints in each year.
(4) For each of the above years, (a) list the number of complaints made by each of the co-convenors of the Ridgeway Residents Action Group, and (b) list the names of those co-convenors who made the above mentioned complaints.
(5) List the number of complaints for each of the above mentioned years that were substantiated, and detail the action taken by Environment ACT or its predecessors.
(6) Detail for each of the above mentioned years the cost of investigating each of the complaints referred to in (1).
(7) Is the Minister able to list the name of every motor sport facility in Australia.
(8) Is the Minister able to list details of lease arrangements for each of the above mentioned motor sport sites in Australia specifying (a) type of lease, (b) term of lease and (c) relevant details governing motor sport activities contained within the lease.
(9) With regard to the latest draft currently being considered by the Government for what is called the "Fairbairn Park cluster" (which contains the sites currently within Fairbairn Park and under the auspices of the Fairbairn Park Control Council and also the site to the west used by the National Capital Car Club), why has Environment ACT told the Motor Sport Council it will deduct one credit this year prior to agreeing to its race program for the year and prior to the review being finalised.