Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 4 Hansard (11 April) . . Page.. 1144..
Housing-general, water and sewerage rates
(Question No 105)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to rates on ACT Housing properties:
(1) What is the policy on rates.
(2) What was the value of rates receipted for the years:
(g) 2001 and
(3) In the years in (2) above, what was the value of rates receipted by (a) region and (b) suburb.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) ACT Housing is required to meet the cost of general rates and water and sewerage rates.
(2) The amount spent on rates (general, water and sewerage rates and the water abstraction charge since its inception in March 2000) in each of the following financial years was:
i) Records are not available in this format for that period
ii) 1996-97 - $12.130m
iii) 1997-98 - $12.348m
iv) 1998-99 - $12.142m
v) 1999-00 - $12.078m
vi) 2000-01 - $12.011m
vii) 2001-02 - $8.370m (to end of February 2002).
(3) The information is not available breaking down the expenditures by region or suburb.