Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 4 Hansard (11 April) . . Page.. 1143..
(Question No 104)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to graffiti on ACT Housing properties:
(1) What is the policy on graffiti.
(2) How much was spent on the removal of graffiti in the years;
(g) 2001 and
(3) In the years in (2) above, how much was spent on the removal of graffiti by
(a) region and (b) suburb.
(4) In the years in (2) above, have there been any convictions by ACT Housing for graffiti offences.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) ACT Housing has a policy of removing graffiti from its properties as quickly as practicable. The contract for graffiti removal provides for a routine of roving inspections as well as responding to advice about specific sites by tenants or members of the public. Once graffiti is identified it is programmed for removal. Graffiti is more an issue for the multi-unit sites.
(2) The amount spent on graffiti removal in each of the following financial years is:
(a) Records are not available in this format for that period
(b) 1996-97 - $26,826
(c) 1997-98 - $23,917
(d) 1998-99 - $63,783
(e) 1999-00 - $104,225
(f) 2000-01 - $58,924
(g) 2001-02 - $11,726 (to end of February 2002).
(3) This information is not available breaking down the expenditures by region or suburb.
(4) There have been no prosecutions or convictions for graffiti initiated by ACT Housing.