Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 4 Hansard (11 April) . . Page.. 1141..
Correspondence-ministers and members
(Question No 101)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to Ministerial and Members' correspondence:
(1) How many letters, since taking office, have you received from:
(a) other Ministers
(b) Government Members
(c) Cross Bench Members, and
(d) Opposition Members
(2) How long has it taken to respond to correspondence in each of these categories.
(3) What are your office guidelines for responding to correspondence.
(4) How well are these guidelines met, and what circumstances intrude that cause these guidelines not to be met.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) (2)& (4) I am not prepared to authorise the resources required to respond to the Member's question.
(3) As a general guideline, depending on the urgency and complexity of the issue, my office requests response turn around times in the Department of two weeks.