Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 4 Hansard (11 April) . . Page.. 1126..
Men's Accommodation and Crisis Service
(Question No 92)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 20 February 2002:
In relation to the Men's Accommodation and Children's Services tender process:
1. Who were the (a) members of the tender assessment panel, (b) the organisations they represent and/or belong to and, (c) can you provide a curriculum vitae for each member.
2. What was the criteria for being chosen to sit on the tender assessment panel.
3. What is the (a) Men's Reference Group (MRG) (b) list the (i) names and (ii) positions of each of its members and (c) can you provide a curriculum vitae for each member.
4. What other community organisations and organisations within the sector were each of the members involved with.
5. Can you provide the names of those members of the MRG who will be directly involved with the running of the new service, now known as Canberra Fathers and Childrens' Service (CANFACS).
6. What is the relationship between Marymead and the MRG and how is that relationship to work in regards to the running of this service.
7. What is the name of the person and his/her title who is directly responsible to the Department for the operation of the service.
8. Which members of Marymead are (a) involved or are proposed to be involved in the running of the service and (b) can you provide a curriculum vitae for each of those members listed.
9. Why was the condition put in the tender that the successful tenderer should have good relationships with womens' services and in particular the Domestic Violence Crisis Service (DVCS).
10. What are the (a) names, (b) positions and (c) salaries of those persons who will be running services from the premises in Kaleen.
11. Will the service be open seven days a week, including public holidays, such as Easter and Christmas day.
12. What are the operating hours of the services.
13. What is the current financial annual contribution by the Department of Education to the MRG and will MRG and/or Marymead be (a) contributing additional monies for the service and if so (b) how much.