Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 4 Hansard (11 April) . . Page.. 1088..
(Question No 46)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 19 February 2002:
In relation to the audit of ACT Women's Refuges:
1. Are women's refuges subject to annual financial audit and if not, why not.
2. Can the audited results for each women's refuge by name for 2000/01 be viewed by interested parties, including myself.
3. What is the amount of Government funding to (a) each women's refuge by name (b) the MAACS program (c) each youth refuge for the financial years (I) 2000-01 and (ii) 2001-02.
Mr Corbell: The answer to Mr Cornwell's question is:
1. All community services receiving over $20,000 per annum of ACT Government funding, are required to provide annual audited financial statements to their relevant department.
Schedule 4, Item 4 of every such purchasing agreement states:
"The provider shall provide the purchaser with:
annual financial reports comprising an audit report on the statement referred to in Item 2(2)(a), prepared by a qualified accountant who is to an office holder or employee of the Provider and who is a member of the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants, which audit report shall include an opinion as to whether the purchase price has been expended in the manner required by the contract.
2. Incorporated organisations are bound by the ACT Incorporation Act to provide an Annual Report which includes audited financial statements, I understand that these are required to be publicly available.
3. See attachment A.