Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 3 Hansard (7 March) . . Page.. 783..
(Question No 89)
Mr Cornwell asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 20 February 2002:
(1) Why have Totalcare services located at Fyshwick been relocated to the Mitchell site.
(2) How many full-time permanent employees were employed at the Fyshwick site.
(3) How many of those full-time permanent employees have been relocated to Mitchell to continue in their same positions.
(4) Following the relocation will any of the services that were performed by Totalcare employees at Fyshwick now be either discontinued or out-sourced; if so what services are they.
(5) What will happen to the Fyshwick site.
(6) What services are now provided from the Mitchell site.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) There were 189 full time permanent employees based at the Fyshwick site prior to the relocation.
(3) 41 full time permanent employees have been relocated to Mitchell to continue in their same positions.
(4) No services have been discontinued or out-sourced.
(5) Totalcare is negotiating the transfer of the Fyshwick site to the ACT Government.
(6) Sterilising, Linen, Fleet & Corporate Services are provided from the Mitchell site.