Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 3 Hansard (7 March) . . Page.. 767..
Section 94, Weston
(Question No 73)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 19 February 2002:
In relation to section 94, Weston, what plans does the Government have for the future of the land.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) Section 94 comprises Blocks 3 and 6 which are leased by the Canberra Rudolf Steiner School Association Incorporated (Orana School) and Blocks 4 and 5 which until recently contained pine plantations and are managed by ACT Forests. ACT Forests falls under the control of my colleague Mr Bill Wood MLA, Minister for Urban Services.
(2) The previous Government has given "in principle" agreement to a "land swap" of part Block 6 for part Block 4 Section 94 Weston. The "land swap" effectively straightens the boundary of the Orana lease and will allow the School to enlarge the oval and, at some time in the future, build other sports facilities on the site.
(3) Section 94 has a Broadacre Land Use Policy under the Territory Plan which allows educational establishment as a permitted use.
(4) The land under the control of ACT Forests forms part of their plantation stock and the trees grown on the land have been used to meet ACT Forests' contractual commitments.
(5) I understand Land and Property within my Department is presently negotiating with ACT Forests about the use of the rest of the land with a view to resolving future land use.
(6) A community group has expressed an interest in land available in Section 94 and this will be assessed.