Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2001 Week 8 Hansard (9 August) . . Page.. 2942..
(Question No 381)
Mr Stanhope asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice:
In relation to the redeployment of police officers from the Communications Centre.
(1) How many officers have been redeployed from duties in the Communications Centre to other operational duties?
(2) Who replaced these officers?
(3) What was the designation or rank of each of the redeployed officers?
(4) What was the designation, rank or classification of each of the persons that replaced the redeployed officers?
(5) What was the salary of each of the (a) redeployed officers and (b) persons that replaced the redeployed officers?
(6) What are the current duties and designation or rank of the redeployed officers?
(7) To which operational units were the redeployed officers transferred?
(8) How many of these officers were redeployed to task forces on either housebreaking or motor vehicle theft?
(9) How many officers have been redeployed from duties other than the Communications Centre to these task forces?
(10) Who is performing the duties of these other officers redeployed to task forces?
Mr Smyth: The answer to Mr Stanhope's question is as follows:
(1) Twenty-nine positions were redesignated as unsworn in the Communications Centre. Nineteen of these were occupied at the time by sworn personnel. Seven personnel left employment with the AFP, three have been promoted and nine were redeployed to other duties.
(2) The officers were replaced with non-sworn members.
(4) AFP Grade 7 level.
(5) (a) The salary range for the redeployed officers was $40,409 - $47,504.
(b) The salary of the persons replacing the redeployed officers is $34,610 - $37,425.
(6) The rank and designation of the redeployed officers was Constable. Their current duties are:
General duties policing, investigative operations, operational support and overseas postings.
(7) Woden Station, Belconnen Station, a strike team, the Firearms Registry
and overseas postings.
(9) The total number of personnel assigned to the task forces was 43 as at 22 June 2001.
(10) Various officers within ACT Policing. ACT Policing recruited 106 sworn personnel in 2000 and these have been used to back fill vacancies in operational areas.